If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), get a test as soon as possible. Stay at home until you get the result.
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
For more information click on this link: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
Coronavirus has now taken over,
We all have to stay apart,
But if we listen to the government
There will be no broken hearts.
We miss you
We love you
But it is hard to tell
We will be together soon
So there is no farewell.
We can sing
We can dance
We can learn to tie our lace
We can play ball, do makeup and funny faces.
After 12 weeks we are all together,
but for how long?
By Ava Westwood – May 2020