The Masked Reader
To celebrate World Book Day, we want our children to film themselves reading an extract from their favourite book in disguise. On Monday 8th March, when all of our children return to school- yeah! We will show the recordings in class. Can children guess the person behind the mask? What are they reading? We hope that this activity will be lots of fun for everyone.
Mrs Teale and Mr Frelich (our English Leaders), are delivering collective worship on Monday 1st March. In this assembly, they will tell you all about World Book Day and answer any questions that you may have.
-On Thursday 4th March, key worker children can come to school dressed in their disguise and record their masked read with the support of their teaching assistant.
-All masked readings need to be sent to the class teacher through Class Dojo – before Monday 8th March.
-Recordings to be no longer than 30 seconds.
World Book Tokens
Click on this link to open your World Book Token:
• The £1 book token can be exchanged for an exclusive, new £1 books (see the full line-up below) OR for getting £1 off any book or audiobook costing £2.99 or more in participating bookshops and supermarkets.
• The book token is valid from Thursday 18 February – Sunday 28 March 2021. Participating booksellers will honour the tokens beyond the 28 March while stocks last. Please contact your local bookseller to check if they are able to offer £1 off other titles.
• The book token can be printed out and taken to your local bookseller. Booksellers such as Sainsbury’s and Asda are unable to accept the voucher on a phone or tablet screen. For all other booksellers, please check before you visit.
• The book token can ONLY be used in participating bookshops (find your nearest at booksellers.org.uk/wbd)
• The digital £1 book token cannot be redeemed online.
• The digital £1 book token is intended for SINGLE-USE ONLY
£1 Books: https://www.worldbookday.com/books/