School Meals Support Assistant Vacancy
6.25hrs per week – term-time only (initially temporary for a year)
Salary Band B
We are looking to appoint School Meals Support Assistant to start on Monday 7th June 2021. The successful candidate will join a team led by the Senior Midday Supervisor and be responsible for ensuring the safety, welfare and good conduct of pupils during the midday break.
To request an application pack please email
Mrs Horner – Office Manager:
Closing date for applications: 1p.m. Friday 14th May 2021
Any offer of employment will be subject to DBS and employment checks.
- To maintain order and the safe transfer of pupils to and from the dining area.
- To positively encourage good behaviour, table manners and hygiene.
- To ensure the health and safety of all pupils and staff including children who have special dietary and/or medical needs.
- To assist younger pupils where necessary, whilst they are taking a meal.
- To actively carry out dining space procedures including:
- The safe setting up and packing away of dining tables and chairs in dining spaces.
- Maintaining and promoting health and safety in dining spaces before, during and after children have their meals – including hand hygiene practices, safe movement to and from the dining spaces, cleaning of tables, sweeping floors and cleaning up of spillages.
- To administer first aid in the case of a minor accident acting on the advice of the registered first-aider. To record accidents in the first aid record and report serious accidents to the Headteacher.
- Be responsible for organising age- appropriate play activities in the playground or indoors if a wet playtime.
- To liaise with the Headteacher, Pastoral Manager and teaching staff of the school in dealing with problems arising from pupil behaviour and any other matters of concern.
- To contribute as a member of a team to the ethos and environment of the school.
- Promote inclusive practices.
- To undertake emergency first-aid training and other relevant medical needs training where appropriate.
- To adhere to need for confidentiality at all times.
- To report to the Headteacher in the case of absence due to illness.
To perform such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility