Read through the following slides (click to enlarge). You have the rest of the week to complete your Theme Park Plan/Map and budget. Not everyone will be able to print or have squared paper. Do your best with what you have. I want you to have some fun with this.
Download the map here First Draft Map Activity Sheet
Download the budget planner here Building a Budget Activity Sheet
- You are designing a theme park.
- You need to come up with a name for your theme park
- You need to have at least 3 themed areas (e.g. space, wild west, fairy tale, extreme etc.)
- You need to create a plan for your park using the template where each square represents 50m2. Click here –> Map Template
- For example, if you want to add a water ride to your park, you must build it in blocks of 3. It will cost £100,000 for the 3 blocks. You would colour it blue on the map template. You would need paths to reach it. There needs to be a border of one square so you can’t have rides right next to each other.
- The first page of the draft template tells you how much everything costs and how many squares they take and any other requirements.
- You can’t just spend as much as you like. You were given a budget of £5 million. You must keep £1 million back for start-up and launch costs. Which means you have £ 4 million to spend on designing the park.
- You need to fill in a budget tracking sheet to make sure you don’t spend too much –>Budget Tracker
You can download the running cost sheet here Running Costs Activity Sheet
Resources can be found here:
Marketing Budget Activity Sheet
Mega Drop Magazine Review Template